Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 45 strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2017 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
We are seeking talented Senior Sound Designers with a passion for creating world class audio content to join the team on AAA console titles. This is an incredible opportunity to join our dedicated team to produce outstanding audio on our most exciting projects yet. You’ll be working alongside enthusiastic designers creating and implementing original SFX using our in house library and field recordings as well as helping to source and record new material.
• Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
• Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware.
• Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
• Work closely with our talented Audio Team to deliver AAA audio for our games.
• Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 4 shipped AAA titles
• Demonstrable sound design skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
• Good knowledge of field and studio recording
• Familiarity with Foley recording and application.
• Experience in working with sound to picture.
• Ability to mentor junior team members
• Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with clients.
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Well organized and self-motivated
• Strong creative sound design skills
• High technical ability.
• Working experience with current gen console development/production
• Experienced Nuendo user
• Comfortable running dialogue sessions
• Experienced in multichannel sound design
• An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
• Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.