Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 290 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 50+ strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published titleSnake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
2017 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
We have exciting opportunities in Sheffield and Nottingham for Project Planners to join our development teams working to deliver exciting AAA videogames. Reporting to the Development Director or Executive Producer, the Project Planner will work with management, production and the development teams to plan, schedule and track the project as well as identifying and analysing key project information and metrics, developing and running processes to extract, collate, maintain and then objectively communicate relevant information to all stakeholders. Their goal will be to assure successful project delivery, measurably drive quality and increase efficiency by providing accurate and up-to-date project information.
• Create, plan, maintain, track and analyse project schedule and capacity information for all project team members
• Participate in and drive project planning sessions
• Maintain a project history, deliver reports and risk registers and own the project change process Liaise with senior staff to understand KPI requirements and deploy processes to track and surface required information
• Analyse project information and highlight problems, escalate critical issues and develop scenario options and opportunities
• Enforce team processes that are critical for the success of the PM function
• At least three years’ experience in a project management/scheduling role
• Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies - Scrum Certification desirable
• Experience of MS Project and an in depth working knowledge of Excel
• Experience of using Jira, Hansoft or TFS desirable
• Previously worked within a games or software development environment is desirable
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability
• At rack record of successful completed projects – preferably across multiple platforms
• Understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches and an ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team
• A passion for Gaming, technology, and understanding of technical and creative concepts
• An open and flexible mindset, with strong communication skills
• Degree-level educated with strong maths ability
Please specify in your application which locations (Nottingham, Sheffield or both) you are interested in applying to.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a generous holiday entitlement. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games we create.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Our Nottingham studio is, just ten minutes’ walk from Nottingham train station and with good access to the north and the south via the M1. Nottingham itself benefits from a wealth of attractions, including a diverse range of bars and restaurants, several art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events. Highlights include the Theatre Royal, the Nottingham Contemporary art gallery, the National Video Game Arcade and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. The annual GameCity festival takes place throughout Nottingham city centre, celebrating the culture, innovation and creativity of video games and their development.
If you have a passion for making and playing games and feel you have the skills, experience, and most importantly, the talent that we need – we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.