Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in 2016 and now has many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Opening in March 2016, Sumo Digital’s Nottingham studio has grown steadily, featuring highly experienced industry talent covering a wide range of disciplines. The studio’s first full project is now well under way, with many more exciting opportunities also ahead.
2017 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced UI artist to join our team in the Nottingham Studio.
• Design, creation and implementation of game User Interfaces using proprietary and middleware UI tools.
• Organisation and maintenance of game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts.
• Work with Design and Art Direction, on the creation and revision of UI concepts and prototype flows, to establish the UI direction.
• Work closely with Design direction to ensure clear communication of essential information to the player.
• Work with UI programmers to ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity.
• Expert graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Experience creating user interfaces from concept to prototype to final.
• Excellent use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics.
• Good understanding of UX design for console and PC
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with Art, Design and Code
• Must have a minimum of 5 years production working on AAA games.
• Experience with Coherent and UMG in Unreal Engine 4
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a generous holiday entitlement. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games we create.
We are proud to be located in Nottingham, just ten minutes’ walk from Nottingham train station and with good access to the north and the south via the M1. Nottingham itself benefits from a wealth of attractions, including a diverse range of bars and restaurants, several art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events.
Highlights include the Theatre Royal, the Nottingham Contemporary art gallery, the National Video Game Arcade and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. The annual GameCity festival takes place throughout Nottingham city centre, celebrating the culture, innovation and creativity of video games and their development.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.